Fabulous and Frugal in 2014
I have to admit I want to be fabulous dawwwling.... but fabulous and frugal don't really go together ...or do they?
I would like to share with you 07 ways that you can be fabulous and frugal in 2014.
07. Stop wasting your money! duhhh... no seriously though. 9 out of 10 times if you just plan your weekly or monthly budget you can find room in your finances that you didn't know was there.
06. Call your local utility companies and make sure you're on the most efficient plan... Your insurance, and credit cards have the ability to lower your payments as well. Don't be afraid to ask them what is the most cost effective and efficient plan for you....Remember .... "Ask and ye shall receive. "
5. Don't begin any project or venture.....without a plan! If you fail to plan , you plan to fail AND waste money. No planning is the easiest way to spend 2 to 3 times more than you intended. So remember this whether its a trip, a project, or a big purchase.
4. Know what you are good at and what you aren't! DIY is amazing but its not for everyone! Many people think DIY is the easiest way to save money...in some cases this is 100% true, but in many areas it is an opportunity to waste money. Buying the wrong products, sizes.. or making mistakes.... typically you can spend 2-4 times as much and not even realize it! Your DIY project more than likely will not have the longevity of something professionally crafted...so the money is lost there as well when you have to replace -re-buy it or re-do it!
3. Shop second hand! I love this one. Just remember this... everything good ain't cheap and everything cheap ain't good. Find some balance people! Low price as your only shopping criteria is a recipe for this saying..." buy it cheap ....buy it again!" So look for value, quality, material, function , then price and it will be fabulous!
Check out these cheap to chic looks http://www.cococozy.com/search/label/CHEAP%20TO%20CHIC
2. If Shopping retail (Eeeekkkk) shop during the times where prices will be their lowest....I have found the last few days of the year and the first few days as an amazing time to shop. Smack dab in the middle of summer is good too! Everyone who knows me personally knows that I love shoes.... I stock up at these times... I usually by 3-4 at a time for rock bottom pricing.... So it appears that I spend a fortune on these items but I'm just a savvy shopper chic!
1. Ask for the discounts... I learned this from my husband who has mastered the art of negotiation like no one I have ever known...How does he do it??? Waaaaaiiit for it ............He just asks! Yes that's it. He asks for the discount or a better price or a coupon...And I'll be a monkey's uncle he gets it! I guess the key is asking with conviction... I am working on this part.... but it does work... I have been getting many more concessions and discounts just by asking!
So there it is....put these tips into practice and I'm very confident you will be fabulous and frugal in 2014.